Electric Vehicle (EV) Owners: What Prompted Your Shift to Electric Cars?

Home Forums Electric Automobiles: A Sustainable Future Electric Vehicle (EV) Owners: What Prompted Your Shift to Electric Cars?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vritik
    Participant

Here are some factors I considered:
    Reduced operating expenses (as low as Rs. 1/km!)
    Absence of exhaust emissions (a compelling feature for the environmentally aware)
    Enhanced acceleration and modern powertrain technology (the anticipation of Tata Punch EV piqued the interest of many forum members due to the underpowered engine in the regular Punch model)

kunall
    Participant

I voted for environmental appeal because of my engineering background, recognizing the superiority of electric drivetrains. I was certain that an EV would be ideal for city and office commutes, with the only hesitation being my limited knowledge of battery technology. The EV scene in Kerala, starting with MVD Nexon EVs, made home charging setup accessible due to the prevalence of standalone houses.

Nishta
    Participant

While reduced operating expenses and environmental consciousness will remain significant drivers, many individuals opt for an EV for reasons beyond cost savings:
    An exceptionally refined driving experience that surpasses ICE vehicles.
    A smooth and seamless automatic transmission experience, even smoother than a CVT.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.